Company: Southern Railway (SR)
The Southern Railway, headquartered at Chennai, is one of the 17 zones of Indian Railways. It is the earliest of the 17 zones of the Indian Railways created in independent India. It was created on 14 April 1951 by merging three state railways, namely, the Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway, the South Indian Railway Company, and the Mysore State Railway.
The South Indian Railway was originally created in the British colonial times as Great Southern India Railway Co founded in Britain in 1853 and registered in 1859. Its original headquarters was in Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) and was registered as a company in London only in 1890.
Company Website: www.indianrailways.gov.in
Total Vacancies: 4429
- Central Workshop, Golden Rock (Trichy) – 853 Posts
- Carriage Works, Perambur (Chennai) – 924 Posts
- Signal & Telecommunication Workshop/ Podanur (Coimbatore) – 2652 Posts
Job Location: Tamil Nadu
- During the first year of training – Rs.5,700/- PM
- During the second year of training – Rs.6,500/- PM
- During the third and fourth year of training – Rs.7,350/- PM
- Must have passed 10th class examination under 10 +2 system or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- Must have passed ITI Course in relevant trades from a recognized institution.
- Must have passed +2 with Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) for MLT Candidates.
- Minimum 50% marks in SSLC not applicable for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Candidates with higher qualifications viz. Diploma/Degree and Course completed Act Apprentices are not eligible to apply.
Eligible trades: Welder, Fitter, Carpenter, Electrician, Painter, Machinist, DSL Mechanic, Mechanic Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, MMV, Electronics Mechanic, PASSA and Medical Laboratory Technician.
Age Limit: as on 14-12-2018
- 15 to 22 years for Freshers candidates
- 15 to 24 years for Ex-ITI/MLT candidates
Relaxations in upper age limit:
- 3 Years for OBC candidates
- 5 Years for SC/ST candidates
- 10 Years for Persons with disability (PWD).
- Selection will be based on the Merit list, Medical Examination & Document Verification.
- For preparation of merit – Taking the average of the percentage marks obtained by the candidates in both Matriculation [with minimum 50% aggregate marks] and ITI examination giving equal weightage to both.
Application Fee: Rs.100/- (No fee for SC/ST/PWD, Women candidates).
Mode of Payment: Online mode through Credit Card/Debit Card or Internet Banking.
How to Apply:
All interested and eligible candidates apply for this position in online latest by 13th January 2019.